Norland Nannies are qualified Early Years professionals who are responsible for the care, wellbeing and education of the children in their care. They are responsible for all nursery duties, this includes cooking, cleaning and laundry, but only for the children.
Typical Norland Nanny duties include:
- Physical care of the children
- Supporting and providing activities for the all-round development of the children
- Communicating with parents on all aspects of the care of their children
- Providing well balanced and nutritious meals appropriate to the needs of the children
- Cleaning and tidying the nursery, bedroom, playroom and other areas agreed with the parents
- Cleaning and tidying the accommodation provided for the nanny
- Cleaning, laundering and mending the children’s clothes and toys
- Responsibility for cleaning and maintaining household equipment relating to the care of the children
- Ability to use all equipment related to the care of the children e.g. buggies and car seats
- Travelling with the children and preparing for holidays, weekend visits, etc.
- Taking children to playgroup / nursery / school
- Taking children on outings appropriate to their age and stage of development
- Preparing for special occasions such as birthday parties
- Caring for children when they are sick and administering medicine(s)
- Discussion with parents relating to time on and off duty, nursery expenses, transport, babysitting
Other duties can be negotiated in the nanny contract, but a Norland Nanny or NQN should not be expected to complete housework as part of their role that isn’t directly related to the care of the children.